Monday, 28 April 2014

Zoo Highlights


What was a highlight of the zoo trip observation? (please DO NOT respond with “LUNCH”, this isn’t about going to eat...) 

I think that the highlight of my zoo trip observation was looking at my partner's primate. I didn't really get to see my primate as it only comes out during it's feeding time, and so it was much more enjoyable observing my partner's primate as it was very active. It was also much more interesting because my partner told me new things about about a new primate that I don't know much about, and its fun to see what another primate can do that I haven't researched on or knew much about.

What did you learn about your animal by watching it in the zoo? 

I learned its behaviors through a real life observation instead of just searching it up on the internet. It was much better when observing my primate when it's right in front of me, instead of just reading about it online. Watching it in the zoo really connects to the researches I found in reliable websites, and I can predict what the primate's behaviors would be like.

Did you notice any surprising behaviors? 

No, I didn't, as my primate was hiding most of time and was too far from my view to observe carefully on. It did though surprise me on how correctly websites can tell us about something that we have never known about.

How is this different from how it behaves in the wild?

I think that in the wild, they would be more active than in the zoo. Their space in the zoo was much smaller and cramped, and I think that they would have been more active when humans aren't watching them, because when I was observing them, they were far back in their area away from our view, up on a treehouse that we can barely see as if they were hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment