What were your climbing strengths?
My climbing strengths was making sure safety comes first. I always try to check my harness and see if its safe, getting a teacher check, and also trying to watch my partner with my best intention while being a spotter. This was my first time doing a climbing unit, and it really teaches me about giving up and how to keep going. I realized I climbed and bouldered much better after a lot of practise.
My climbing strengths was making sure safety comes first. I always try to check my harness and see if its safe, getting a teacher check, and also trying to watch my partner with my best intention while being a spotter. This was my first time doing a climbing unit, and it really teaches me about giving up and how to keep going. I realized I climbed and bouldered much better after a lot of practise.
What were your climbing weaknesses?
One of my climbing weakness that I think I have most problem with is knowing where to go and where to hang on. Usually, when I'm in the middle of climbing and I think that I have no where else to go, I don't have a plan and so I just try to get my hands and feet on any rock I can, but then I just trip or stumble and I fall back down.
One of my climbing weakness that I think I have most problem with is knowing where to go and where to hang on. Usually, when I'm in the middle of climbing and I think that I have no where else to go, I don't have a plan and so I just try to get my hands and feet on any rock I can, but then I just trip or stumble and I fall back down.
Describe at least THREE checks required when putting on your climbing harness.
1. Make sure that your harness is above your hips and tightened, so that there's less chance of falling out of your harness during a climb.
2. Make sure that the harness around your thighs are tight enough that only one finger and get through.
3. Make sure that the carabiner's lock is facing the opposite of your stomach, so that it won't unlock when climbing.
1. Make sure that your harness is above your hips and tightened, so that there's less chance of falling out of your harness during a climb.
2. Make sure that the harness around your thighs are tight enough that only one finger and get through.
3. Make sure that the carabiner's lock is facing the opposite of your stomach, so that it won't unlock when climbing.
What is your climbing goal for your next climbing unit?
I think that my next climbing goal for next time is to have a plan. I need to make sure and know where I'm going to go, so that I won't have to fall or trip down because then I would have a plan of where I think I should put my hands or feet next.
No comments:
Post a Comment