INGREDIENTS
Pastry:
- 125 grams of all purpose flour
- 250 ml of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 125 grams of unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
Mixed Custard and Chantilly Cream:
- 6 eggs (yolk only)
- 500 ml of fresh milk
- 200 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of corn flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 250 ml of fresh cream
- 50 grams of powdered sugar
DURATION TIME: 2 hours
INSTRUCTIONS:
(For the pastry)
Firstly, I preheated the oven to 200 degrees celsius and I placed the water, butter and the salt into a pan. Then, I heated the stove on medium and stirred until it boiled. After sifting the flour, I poured it into the pan, and mixed it well, till it thickened and is able to form a ball, leaving a thin layer on the bottom of the pan. Then I put it aside on a mixing bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
While waiting, I beat the eggs and whisked them. After I finished, I poured the mixed eggs into the mixing bowl slowly, bit by bit, blending well with a wooden spoon after each addition. I stirred it until it was thick and shiny. To make sure that I did everything well, I dropped the batter of the spoon, and it should've dropped when shaken, which it did.
Then, since I didn't have a non-stick spray, I spreaded butter and sprinkled flour onto the baking pan so that the batter won't stick onto it once it's done. After, I poured the batter into a large pastry bag, fitted with an open tip. Next, I piped round mounds of the cream puff mixture onto the baking pan. When finished, I placed the baking pan into the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, I turned off the oven, and I didn't open the oven right away, to prevent the cream puffs from deflating, and let it cool for 30 minutes.
Once 30 minutes have passed, I took it out, and let the cream puffs cool. (For the filling) While waiting, I made the custard cream. I put the egg yolks, corn flour, sugar, milk and salt into a pan and mixed it on medium heat until it boiled, and thickened. I mixed it well till it was smooth and shiny. I turn of the stove and set it aside to cool down. Then I made the chantilly cream. I placed the cream and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl, and mixed it using an electric mixer until it thickened. After, I placed it in the fridge for 1 hour. After that, I mixed the chantilly cream and the custard cream together.
Lastly, I cut the cream puffs into half, and I filled it with the Chantilly and Custard cream, with thin strawberry slices. To finish it off, I sprinkled powdered sugar on top. Voila!

No comments:
Post a Comment