Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Art Photo Essay

Editing Pictures:













Reflection:
1. What is a Photo Journalist?
A photo journalist is someone similar to a journalist, but instead of expressing his/her thoughts with words, he/she expresses them through pictures. As a journalist, you still collect, edit and present a story for publication, but photo journalism is when all the pictures together is then able to tell a story. When I think about it, I see each picture as a chapter, and like people usually say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

2. If you could do one category (people, place, objects, macro) of your essay again which one would you re-do and why?
If I could re-do one category for my essay, I would choose Place because I personally think that I didn't do so well for that particular part. Place was the hardest for me to take pictures of since I was mainly taking pictures only on school grounds, and I couldn't really think of a place that really meant something important to me.

3. To what degree does your final Photo Essay convey or capture your Middle School experience, memories, or story?
My final Photo Essay isn't really about the special things in my Middle School experience, but instead it's about what I do, see, and have almost everyday. For example, I put a macro picture of my water bottle not because it was important to me, but because I bring it to school everyday and I can't remember a day when I didn't have it with me. Another example are the clocks the school have in every classroom. I decided to put it in my photo essay because there were so many countless times that I've looked at the clock during class to see when it'll finally end.

No comments:

Post a Comment