Sunday, 6 October 2013

What We Learned About Continental Drift

I am teaching my parents about continental drift and convection using the learning log that I made. I want them to be able to explain back to me what I have just explained and taught them.


Our daughter taught and explained to us what continental drift is, and how it might have happened. She also taught us what might have caused the drift. We learned that a billion years ago, the continents that we have now, might have been once together, and somehow they are now separated. She explained to us what the evidences found are, and she also explained that convection might have caused this movement. 

We thought that Valerie's explanation was very clear, and is supported by strong evidences. We knew about the continental drift before she showed us her learning log, but we learned from her that convection might have been the reason for the drift. We think that Valerie needs to study more about what's inside the earth, and how the lava can support all the weight on top of earth without collapsing.

My Learning Log:





No comments:

Post a Comment