(Front View)
(Right Side View)
(Left Side View)
(Back Side View)
(First floor)
(Second floor)
(Third floor)
(Fourth floor)
(Plan Outline)
Explain the rationale for “Space and Section” of your structure. How will your structure function? Where would be the best place for your structure?
My group and I decided to design a house that we would all want to live in with our chosen environments. To do this, we had to make sure that the spacing of our design is comfortable if it was an actual house. We also had to make sure the sections of each part of the house made sense to living conditions. For example, we made sure that all the bedrooms are at least bigger than other rooms such as the kitchen or the dining room because generally, people like to have bigger bedrooms. For sections, we tried our best to make them convenient. For example, we made sure that the dining room is next to the kitchen to make it easier if we were to live there.
In what way did you incorporate “Surface” into your design? Comment on what type of Surfaces you chose (Curved, Textured, Smooth, other…) and why you chose these surfaces.
My group and I wanted to give people the impression that our building is meant to be designed for the modern day. Because squares, rectangles and simpler designs are mostly the common design for modern houses, we tried our best to create the building with smooth squares and rectangles. For example, we made the building itself a 4 floors of the same rectangle shape with a smooth surface to create a simple construction.
How did “Mass and Density” affect your design? How will people live, dwell or function in your structure? How many People?
We tried our best to build a comfortable and stable building that will suit people's daily lifestyle. To create a more interesting and appealing building, we decided to arrange and stack the buildings slightly off from each floor. We made sure that the building was stable by making sure each floor was the same size, and not too far apart from each other so it wouldn't fall or break. We also thought about real-life sizes, and put doors, windows, walls, stairs, elevators, etc into consideration. I think that a family with many kids could live in this structure.
Summative Critique question- How well did you do? Which two Architectural concepts did you apply the best to your structure?
I think that my group and I worked well together into making a good house design. In my opinion, the building itself lacked a little bit of creativity, but we constructed it anyways because when we thought of what it would have looked like in reality, we thought that it would've been a really beautiful structure and we would love to live in a house like that. I think that the two best architectural concepts that we applied to our structure was space and section, and mass and density.
1. Which is your favourite architectural structure in Singapore, and explain why?
The Interlace, which is a condominium in Singapore, is one of my favourite architectural structures in Singapore because of how the design interests me in various ways. One of the reasons why I chose this building to answer this question is because of how this structure reminded me of our design and how similar they both are.
2. Who is Frank Lloyd Wright? Name two things he is famous for. Provide images of his work. Do you like his work?
Frank Lloyd Wright is from Wisconsin, was born in 1867 and died in 1959. He was a famous architect and interior designer. Overall, he designed over 1000 structures, and some of his famous structures are the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and the Falling Water structure. I like his work because it's very unique and different from other types of buildings. In the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, his design of the twisting halls is simple and spectacular at the same time. I also really like the Falling Water structure as it gives people a spectacular impression of how beautiful the structure is. Frank Lloyd Wright does an amazing job taking the setting in and adapting his work to fit with it.
(Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum)
(Falling Water)
3. If you were to do this assignment again what would you do differently?
If I were to do this assignment again, I would put in more consideration of the design of the building itself. If I could have, I want to create and come up with a more creative design. Maybe, I might add in more architectural concepts such as module and repetition or surface by adding concave or convex designs. I would also like to try using the different lego pieces since most of the time, I only used basic shapes like rectangles and squares to construct the building.



very nice, i think that after you made this post it influenced me to become a artitecture. Im going to make my own building thx
ReplyDelete