(Final Product)
(Pen Draft)
(Smaller draft)
(Pencil draft)
(Color Wheel)
Who was Wassily Kandinsky?
Wassily Kandinsky, born on December 16th, 1866, was an influential Russian painter and art theorist. Kandinsky wasn't just your average painter out there to perform one style of art. Through his paintings he constantly pioneered new ideas on the way art could be done; as you may know he was one of the first abstract artists and experimented with color and form more than any of his peers.
What is the title of the song you chose? Who is the artist and why did you choose this song?
The title of my song that I chose was 'Hey Jude' by The Beatles. I chose this song because when I heard it in class, I really enjoyed listening to the tune because it actually made me want to draw the lyrics and melody down on paper. Some shapes in my final draft were sharp and some were wavier. The music made me draw this way because of the variety of tunes in the song. If you listen to it, you can hear that the song starts off with a slow pace and melody, but as you keep listening there are some parts of the song where the beat starts to pick up. Click here to listen!
How does your artwork represent the piece of music you chose? Explain your use of colour line rhythm and shape.
First, with the background, I decided to make it yellow because in the title (Hey Jude), the word "Hey", makes me think of the sun, or cheerfulness. The shades of blue in my artwork, especially in the triangles on the left side, is the color that I think of when I hear "Jude". Jude, reminds me of June, and the word makes me think of the color blue, mostly because June reminds me of summer. The other patterns, such as waves, circles, lines, and more, are the type of feeling the song gives me during different parts. The waves and circles mostly represents the soft, smooth tunes in the song, and the sharp squares and lines represents the part where the song starts to pick up its beat. For layering and darkening the tones of the color in different shapes of the artwork, it mostly came from the feel the song gave me. I didn't focus on the lyrics, and instead I focused on the tune of the song and what colors I think of when I listen to it.
What do you think of abstract art?
I think that abstract art is a unique type of art where artists can express themselves through their own imagination of shapes, lines, colors, and more. The best part about it for me is how sometimes, it doesn't make sense to everyone else, but it makes sense to the artist, especially since you can take a simple shape, and make a connotative meaning to it. It's really interesting how each different art piece has its own deeper meaning, and how sometimes, different people don't always have the same way of interpreting the art work.
No comments:
Post a Comment