Thursday, 5 November 2015

Oil Pastel Composition

Group Critique

Megan C.

  • Good job on perspective (pointing downwards, realistic)
  • Crates are very realistic, shadow
  • different shades of green
  • perspective of the letters on the can

Joanna E.

  • little details on the can (labels, 
  • different lines of green on all of the cans
  • problem solving - doing lines instead of the words so the label can be included

Julia H.

  • very neat, details inside the crate (shadow)
  • between
  • clean tiles and neatly separated
  • end of door setting makes the piece more like an actual place
Self Assessment

Creativity – B+ 
I gave myself this grade because I think that no one else this year used objects from Mr. Ho's kitchen. If I had more time, I would like to walk around the school more since I'm sure that there are plenty of other unique places to visit. 

Manipulation – A
I gave myself this grade because I thought that I put in my best effort to make the final piece look detailed and realistic. By using different shades of a certain color with white, I added in shadows that made the final result look 3D. 

Presentation – A
I gave myself this grade because even though I had difficulties creating this composition, it ended up being a lot better than I expected, and the contrast of the colors compliments each other. 

Problem Solving – B+
I gave myself this grade because even though I fixed most of the problems (e.g. putting in shades of green on the can to make it more realistic), I still think that I can make it look better and neater if I had known what looked best from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment