Sunday, 26 March 2017

Concentration 7






Problem Solving:
For this concentration piece, my biggest problem was trying to figure out how to add more depth and texture to the building, especially because it barely had any in the actual photo. Since it's pure white with barely any shadows or contrast, I wanted to try something a little more different than what I usually do when working with rapido and created surfaces. To make it more difficult and interesting, I only colored in the building with vertical lines, adding more or less depending on the darker and lighter areas. When I finished, I could see that it gave the building a more unique aspect than the actual photo. The building ended up looking like it had more texture with an older appearance. However, making this piece was a lot more challenging than I thought because I had to make up the shadows that weren't on the original picture to give contrast to the drawing. 

Cultural Competence and Connections:
Taken in Abu Dhabi, this mosque is probably one of the best monuments I've seen because I love the simplicity of how pure, white, and clean the whole thing is. Although I didn't draw the building with the same kind of brightness as the original picture, I tried to recreate the calm atmosphere from the original into the drawing by adding blue watercolor to contrast with the splash of deep red. Instead of splattering the blue paint, I added more water so that it would surround the drawing of the mosque with a more peaceful vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment