Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Concentration 8






Problem Solving:
With this reference photo, the hardest problem I had was trying to figure out how much of it to put down on paper. Because I chose to do rapidograph and created surface, the entire building would be too much for the whole piece, and so I ended up deciding on drawing separate parts of it. The building itself also had really intricate details that were aligned symmetrically and proportionately, which was also quite challenging to draw, especially since I drew the buildings in different pieces. Although it seems harder, more detailed structures such as temples or mosques tend to be easier to draw. On the other hand, European buildings are a lot more challenging because everything is always very straight and clean-cut. 

Cultural Competence and Connections:
Out of all my concentration pieces, I have only done about 2 or 3 pieces that had buildings designed with a more Western style. This is mostly because it is actually more difficult for me to draw compared to other unique and old structures such as temples and mosques. It's interesting to see and compare how different cultures' architecture also reflect on the people from different countries' way of life. Through drawing numerous unique historic monuments, I learned how countries that are more conservative and structured had buildings that were more neat and put together, whereas countries that were more exotic and tropical had buildings that were more messy yet creatively built. 

No comments:

Post a Comment