Manipulation of Materials
I decided on using rapidograph for this specific piece because of my found surface. I wanted to use the children's book as one of my final pieces because I liked the layout of the pictures and how it can complement my artwork, but since the texture of the book is similar to shiny and waxy magazine paper, I didn't really have any other options other than rapidograph as my medium of choice.
Problem Solving
I had difficulty with the spatial reasoning of the entire piece (the size of the fish, the placement of the piece, and trying to make the white spaces of the book work with the drawing). Even after I had finished the two fish drawings with rapidograph, it still felt as if the found surface background was too white and empty. I tried to give it more emphasis by adding yellow colored ink and orange watercolor around the fish so that the background wouldn't look too blank.
Creativity
At first, I had thought really hard about what I should draw on the found surface. It was a hard decision because whatever the object I choose draw can really affect the entire piece on whether on it works with the initial pictures of the children's book. The character on the pages of the book is looking around in a "dreamy" sense, so I thought that I could make it seem like the character is watching the fish as it swims around the page. Adding the soft watercolor and colored ink also added onto the dreamy vibe that I got from the entire piece.


No comments:
Post a Comment