Monday, 28 January 2019

Concentration 4



















Creativity:
After painting the background and collaging the foreground of my pieces with my final exam pieces, I wanted to try a different combination of paint and collage by painting the foreground and collaging the background instead. I also used magazine paper to collage the crushed ice background instead of painting individual colors, but I think it ended up making the piece look a little too "all over the place" than I intended it to. It didn't turn out the way I had initially wanted it to, but it helped me learn what works and what doesn't with this specific media combination.

Problem Solving: 
I had a lot of difficulty with trying to make this piece look less scrappy and random. I had initially envisioned using magazine paper to create the background of the crushed ice by pasting on different shades of grey and white together, but it ended up being a lot harder than I thought. I tried to make the overall look of the ice smoother by pasting papers that are more similar neutral in color and closer to white, which helped a bit. If I were to do this again, I think I would cut smaller pieces of the magazine papers to create a more realistic effect of the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment