Manipulation of materials:
This was probably one of the most challenging acrylic paintings I've ever done, mostly because I didn't know how to get started with painting the strawberries since there was so much going on. For one, I realized that, like any other medium, a form of layering is very important with acrylic. Sometimes I painted pieces by doing shapes and details altogether, but with this one, I had to paint the basic shapes first, let it dry, then get into it with the details.
Problem solving:
With painting the strawberries, I had to experiment with what paint goes down first and how to layer and layer the details on. The bottom left strawberry was the very first one I did, and I initially made the mistake of painting both the seeds and details at the same time with the red areas, but it ended up looking nothing like a strawberry. I did get really frustrated at one point, but after trial and error, I found that I first had to paint the red with the different shades down first to get the basic shape, then I painted in the seeds, and lastly I touched it all up with the white and black areas of the light reflections.






No comments:
Post a Comment